The newest firmware version 2.0 for LX3 will be available for download in a day here. The last one was version 1.3.
Panasonic is very generous with this version with which new functions are added to the camera and some performance improved. The description of the firmware is as follows:
- Improved auto white balance performance.
- Auto Focus speed-up.
- Recording function with an aspect ratio of 1:1 has been added.
- A white balance (WB) bracket function has been added.
- [HIGH DYNAMIC] has been added to scene mode.
- [LENS RESUME] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.
- [MENU RESUME] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.
- The exposure compensation and the auto bracket compensation can now be set up to ±3EV.
- Position of the guide line can now be set.
- It is now possible to display the highlights in playback mode.
- It is now possible to record the user’s name in the picture.
- Digital red-eye removal has been modified.
- Items saved in the custom set have changed.
LX3 users are reminded to fully charge the battery before the updating the firmware, and format the SD Memory Card used for the firmware update before taking photos. A non-formatted SD Card so used may cause your LX3 to malfunction and/or decrease the number of pictures that can be taken. For details instructions, read here.