Skip to main content

Important Note from the Editor: A Call for Charity Subscription

home

Who will shelter them from the chill of night Who will comfort them shine a warming light Who will kiss soft cheeks show them it's alright Who will guide young minds teach them wrong from right

Children crying who will end their plight Children dying Who will hold them tight

The Children ~ Robert Hermann

Dear readers,

A personal friend of mine has just written to me in his capacity as Ambassador of the LivingHope Children Foundation (LHCF) to appeal for donations. I have his permission to publish his letter here so that more innocent children can receive help:

QUOTE-

(For donation: Please click banner below)

topJust a short description of LHCF and my relation with the organisation. I have been visiting the orphanages at Bejing and Shijiachuang from time to time since 2006. As an ambassador of LHCF, I feel an urge to tell you about what we do in the hope that you may make contribution as well. Our vision is to provide a home where they (the children) do not have a home and hope where they do not have hope. Our mission is to advance the welfare, education, and employment opportunities of orphans and disadvantaged children in Asia (our initial focus is China). We set up warm and loving orphanages or "homes” for orphans, abandoned children, and in some cases, children with special needs. For your information, all our directors, advisors, ambassadors travel to china on our own financial means, not from charity funds.

LivingHope Children Foundation is a registered charitable non-profit organization, which can be searched from Hong Kong Government Inland Revenue Department’s website.

Be a cheerful giver : )

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Warm Regards, Philip Chang Ambassador of LHCF

UNQUOTE-

Every penny counts. Thank you.

Nevin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.