Skip to main content

Guest Appearance in Macau

P1010626 (Medium)^The echo of the curving lines on the floor and the CTM signboard is an interesting factor to me.

Hi, I am Chris Guy and have been staying in this part of the world for quite a long time.  I have been following Nevin's GX GARNERINGS for some months and admire him running the blog with such gusto.  His recent posts about Macau are especially relevant to me as I just visited the once Portuguese colony.  It is a place with character in stark contrast to the hustle and bustle here in HK, in particular around Macau's western tip where villages have probably stayed the same way for some decades.

Thanks to Nevin for permitting me to post some photos I took in Macau.  In fact, I have several of my photos posted here before.  And I look forward to other readers to share theirs too.

Enjoy! P1010547 (Medium)^Nevin rightly pointed out that motorcyclists were ubiquitous in Macau.  This shot was taken through the bus windows. 

 P1010574 (Medium)^Tourists (or locals) have fun doing the ritual of rubbing the rings of the metal basin, of which the meaning is opaque to me.

 

P1010610 (Medium)^An old tenement building in a rather rundown residential area.  I am not aware if I have seen similar sights in Hong Kong outside Chueng Chau, an offshore island of HK. 

 P1010582 (Medium)^Macau has lots of these narrow lanes reminiscent of those in some European towns.

(Courtesy and copyright of Chris.  Thank you for the kind words, Chris.  ~Nevin)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.