Skip to main content

Naked Child, Green Leaves

R0011006 (Medium) R0011077 (Medium)

The light that plays, like a naked child, among the green leaves happily knows not that man can lie. 

                -- Robíndronath Thakur, Indian Poet and Philosopher

 

It is a bliss being able to walk in autumn, hear autumn colours singing and cool breezes ruffling leaves.  Feel the silence in your spirit and the echos in your heart.  That makes the troubles or the hard times facing us less rough for a moment.  This is actually not a good time as people are losing their jobs in the wake of the financial downturn.  If you are going through financial hardship or expecting to be so, don't despair.  I had ridden out one not long ago.  It is going to be hard, but then it is going to be through one day.

 

R0011079 (Medium)

If that will make you feel easier, consider what a blessing it is to us just being able to walk, be it on our feet, on crutches or on a wheelchair.  Go hear the colours sing and the rustling of the leaves.  Look up at the sky, see, blue is actually beautiful.  When the autumn goes, winter will come and finally, so will the hopes in springtime.  The process is not going to be easy.  But whatever it may take, buck up.  Find help, that's important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.