Skip to main content

Links to Posts About Scaffolds

R0018866 (Medium)

Today's picture is an abstract one which echoes and leads me to collect the posts about scaffolds. First, about this picture: it is one of my keepers. It was done when I was having breakfast on a leisure morning in a Victorian-style hotel. On a usual business day, I might not have noticed this scene which still interests me. This shot reminds me that it is the photographer's spirit which takes picutres, not the camera really.

For the first posts after the links below, I wrote about the nitty-gritty of scaffolding, ranging from their types to the culture and traditions of the trade. For the rest of the posts, I posted shots of the scaffolds and the builders in the city which caught my attention and therefore were captured with my GX200.

1) Bamboo Magic 2) Bamboo Luck Charm 3) Grating the Skyline 4) Artistic Assembly Works 5) Modern City, Ancient Trade 6) Building a Bamboo Stage 7) Woody Heritage 8) Making a Living on Monkey Bars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.