Skip to main content

And the Winners Are

The Radio and Television of Hong Kong, the local version similar to BBC, just published the results of its photo contest themed on the aged. Here are the winners. Let's learn from them.

Category One: Old People Having Fun

image ^Winner: I Am a Happy Fellow. Gist of adjudicators' comments: Colours are soft and complementary. The subject gives a smile which looks young. A warm image overall.

image ^First Runner-up: Comparing Notes of Yore. Gist of adjudicators' coments: The composition and vibrant colours are impressive. The feeling between the two old ladies is truly represented. The hand holding gesture speaks strongly of their friendship.

image ^Second Runner-up: I Am Specific About My Hair. Gist of adjudicators' comments: The image has a sense of depth in terms of composition and connotation. It vividly reflects the leisure mood of the old man. The angel of shooting from behind the man is really intriguing.

Category Two: Old People Gets On Well

image ^Winner: Family Fun. Gist of adjudicators' comments: A white-head wave is all the photographer needed to bring out the moment of happiness between the old and the young. The photo aptly speaks of the profuse harmony here.

image ^First Runner-up: Not One Less. Gist of adjudicators' comments: The colours give a cosy and complementing feeling. The theme is vividly expressed in the image.

image ^Second Runner-up: Joy.

Gist of adjudicators' comments: The photographer captured the sparks of love in the exchange of eyesight between the lady and the girl, strongly expressing the speechless love with a soundless media.

Again, my motto is: Get going, take part in a photo contest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.