Skip to main content

Going Home

This series of photos is taken at the same place where I did this. What make this series different is that I stood at the other side of the stairs to face the setting sun and expose for the highlights. To see the photos in colour, click open them.

R0013159a (Medium)

(This photo is defocused but gives a taint of sweetness to the image with the couples leaving the subway)

R0013168 (Medium) R0013160 (Medium)(The difficult thing about this series is not the technical part. The position I stood was quite windy and below the top of the staircase. So I had to check out ladies wearing skirts... so that I could aviod any upskirt shots. I didn't hope to get caught by the police. I like both photos, especially the one with the golden outlines)

R0013166 (Medium)

R0013161 (Medium)(Another thing is that I had to stand really close to the side. It was a time people going home. And the exit of the subway was so narrow that I was very much standing in the way of people going past. I like the one with the daddy holding his son. Sweet!)

R0013176 (Medium) R0013179 (Medium)(These two young men gave the same posture when leaving the subway. They were hanging their head. Were they having specific worries? Or were those just the blues out of the uncertainties of life facing the young men in this economic doldrums? I wish them all the best)

R0013174 (Medium) R0013175 (Medium)(Goodness knows for how long I had stood there. It could be some 20 minutes I guess. The photos cannot really tell the awesome colours of the scene. I became more engrossed in admiring the scene through the LCD than taking pictures by this time)

R0013169 (Medium) R0013164 (Medium)R0013177 (Medium)R0013172a (Medium)(I have tried other locations but this is the best one. I should probably go back for another series)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.