Skip to main content

Ricoh GR: See It with My Own Eyes

000124_2015_December(Ricoh GR: Exhausted. I could have risked an arrest of suspected stalking for taking this shot! No post processing)

I have heard about how the Ricoh GR with its prime lens and a low-pass filter free sensor can produce sharp images. The sharpness is superb. The final images give a good amount of depth, or 3-dimension-ish, if you prefer.

Some people have different opinion about the muted colour tone of the GR images, but they are exactly the character of GR. My cup of tea indeed. Surely there are options to make the colour more vibrant and vivid.

000186_2015_December(Sisters and balloons)

000197_2015_December(Alone in the back alley)

While the image quality and the haptics of the camera are great, the quality control is anything but. Mine has a problem with the volume control – when playing back movies with the camera, pressing the volume to the maximum will mute the sound?!

I may return it for a new one. What a shame!

000135_2015_December(Helmet)

000184_2015_December(Stalking)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.