Skip to main content

Samsung NX10 Video Commercial

Suss out the size of the upcoming NX10 in this video. Oh, we all hope that it can be made smaller. We need truly compact cameras with a large sensor, don't we folks? That said, Samsung's is a wlecomed move. Now, who will be the next? I bet Sony.

Canon? They will probably not budge while still having a lion's share of the camera market. But they will slip in when the market is more mature... and get a lion's share again.

Nikon? Hmmm.

Fujifilm? Probably still busy with their DSLR look-alikes?

What say you?

Comments

Rob Leslie said…
I do hope Fuji come up with something. I bought a Fuji F200 EXR for Christmas as a pocket zoom to go with my GRD 2 and I’m delighted if not a little astounded at the results. The EXR sensor would be amazing if it was larger. I don’t believe we will see a true ‘Pocket’ cameras with a larger sensors until the manufactures realise that not everybody wants interchangeable lenses on them. I would also like to see something from Pentax that could use all my Pentax lenses including the AF ones. I’m sure many Canon owners think the same and I can understand if Canon are scratching their heads wondering if the World has gone mad and can they really get away with selling yet another range of lenses for a new camera system!
Marco said…
Nice commercial video for the NX10. Aimed at the creative and younger crowd with no investments in lenses :-) . Well presented as a great street shooter machine.
ch said…
nice ad. reminds me of a equally nice one from olympus for EP1 when it was launched...(with a series of photos capturing a person's life from a child to an old man)
Nevin said…
It is, ch. Very tempting.

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.