Skip to main content

GXR A12 Bokeh/ ISO Test Shots from Japan

image

The first batch of testers are writing their impressions of the GXR.  What are the most important aspects to you?  Its ergonomics and operating speed?  Or the image quality?

For the first two aspects, you can only choose to believe what are being written by the tester unless you can have a hands-on yourselves, which is always the better way for making an informed choice. 

For image quality, the following are some aperture-cum-ISO-test shots taken with the A12 (50mm lens with a APS-C size sensor) by a Japanese tester for you to make your own conclusion (you may download these images to view the EXIF data):
 

ISO Aperture (Bokeh) comparison
200 F2.5, 1/68s  
  F4.0, 1/30s
  F5.6, 1/16s
  F8.0, 1/9s
  F11, 1/4s
   
  ISO comparison
200 F8.0, 1/16s
400 F8.0, 1/34s
800 F8.0, 1/68s
1600 F8.0, 1/143s
3200 F8.0, 1/290s
   
  Other minor shots
200 F2.5, 1/64s
  F5.6, 1/48s
   
400 F2.5, 1/36s, –0.5EV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.