Skip to main content

The Bottled Paradox

R0014094 (Medium)

^It was the aqua-blue colour of the plastic bottles which catched my eyes. I stood there shooting for five minutes and was glad to be ignored by the passers-by, thanks to the unassuming appearance of the GX200, affording me the following paragraphs.

Bottled water gives a false impression of cleanliness, or at least they are touted as such by the ads.

R0014102 (Medium)^As if you don't know, a notion in the west has it that turning the shutter speed to 1/30s can freeze the motion of a person walking at a norm pace past the lens. Now, by the photos here, you get an idea of how fast a pace people in a frenzy big city like Hong Kong move along the street.

Paradoxically, the soft drink manufacturers most likely get the water out of a place to finally have it bottled and sold to another place, with the cost of the plastic materials be borne by the buyers and the environment.

R0014092 (Medium)

This is the least thing we can call clear.

This Australian town which bans bottled water pioneers an exemplary act which the whole world should follow. What you and I can and should do is to consume less bottled water, and better never. Always bring your own bottle of water. R0014097 (Medium) R0014100 (Medium) R0014101 (Medium)^I like the motion feeling in the images with the bottles looked like observing the moving world in stillness. In fact, to me, it speaks figuratively of the people's burial into oblivion of the obvious truth that these bottles are to pollute our environment in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.