Skip to main content

Two Questions in Kenilworth

R0018159 (Medium)

Kenilworth is a beautiful little town.  There are two things famous about it as I'm aware, namely, the Kenilworth castle and the Kenilworth Road.

I'm yet to visit the castle.  BUT the Kenilworth Road is where I have travelled along for a number of time.  The first question is why the Kenilworth Road is so long and straight.

R0018162 (Medium)^The Kenithworth Road

The first possible answer springing to mind is that it is Roman.  If that's your answer, obviously you're not thinking at all.

R0010563 (Medium)^An old stone wall in Kenilworth

The answer is related to the car making history of Coventry.   The Kenilworth Road was actually built by the car makers, then basing their HQ in Coventry, for test driving.  The answer is so obvious!

 R0018081 (Medium)^A meadow which is no lack of in Kenilworth

The second question is, why people clean up the roads in the densely vegetated Kenilworth covered in fallen leaves.

If you're living in the UK, you'd know the answer.

R0018096 (Medium)

BY USING AN OVERSIZED LEAF BLOWER!  If you Brits have any clue as to why, please enlighten me cos to me they are wasting gas and time on a fruitless  endeavour.  They blow the leaves away and the wind blows them back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.