Skip to main content

Masked

R0013070 (Medium) (Everything’s Vanishing: The building disappearing in the distance is about 500 metres from where I took this picture.  It is more foggy on the waters)

Today is extremely foggy.  The fog is even thicker than yesterday when two accidents of ship collisons happened, injuring many.  One old fisherman lady of 62 y.o. was seriously injured when the sampan carrying her and her husband was tore into two halves by a catamaran, dragging the lady to the bilge of it.  I hope that she will be up and about soon.

So, I took some photos at the old Kai Tak International Airport to convey the theme of foggy, for which I came up with the word Masked.

Have a nice weekend!

R0013086a (Medium)
(Behind a Beehive: I looked through the patterns and the van was like a jigsaw puzzle.  The illusion came strongly when I stared at the scene longer and the lines of the van became disconnected)

R0013072 (Medium)

R0013071a (Medium)(Spikes: The shapes of the fence just echo the spikes of the wheel nicely. I like the rhythm in the photos)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.