Skip to main content

Herd Behaviour

Herb Behaviour is a powerful phenomenon. This morning when I climbed out of a subway, I was met by a large flock of people surrounding two middle-aged women in uniform against the railings. I was absolutely puzzled and curious about it. In a few seconds, I was pointing to the scene with my GX200 on the customised MY2 mode in which I set the camera at ISO 400 and snap focusing. R0013600a_(Medium) Before I could realise what was going on, the throng flooded towards one of the middle-aged ladies. Some gossips were overheard, "Just one dollar. Cheap that is really." The comments turned some heads, including mine. "Coupons to be given? Cash bailouts like that in New York I saw on TV the other day?"

R0013599a_(Medium) A van had arrived without my knowledge. I was probably too engrossed in the in-camera auto-leveler to get the horizontal level right. What an idiotic perfectionist! Big piles of papers were unloaded from the van at this moment. People started grabbing them. R0013596a_(Medium) "One each, one for each," the ladies in uniform ordered, "Don't take more than one copy." Actually, the papers were free copies of a tabloid." R0013598a_(Medium) R0013597a_(Medium)
Among the crowd were not only eldery people fond of free stuff but young office ladies thrusting in for a copy, without minding the etiquette of being a nice lady.
"What the heck!" I murmured to myself. And guess what? I turned my GX200 off and grab one copy of the tabloid too, fearing that there were some grander, free stuff not to be missed in it.
What a herd behaviour! It is contiagious. So, what was inside the tabloid?
NOTHING!!! Absolutely NOTHING! Just a tabloid! My holy cow! What were the people thinking? Didn't they have other better things to do? Speaking of herd behaviour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.