Skip to main content

Aboard Kiev Class Aircraft Carrier

R0012002 (Medium)

I was aboard a Kiev Class Aircraft Carrier not long ago.  It is an eye-opener for those who like me haven’t been on an aircraft carrier.  This is the real carrier named Minsk berthed at Shenzhen, China’s earliest boom town neighbouring Hong Kong, for tourists.  There you are allowed to go from above the machinery deck to the flight deck to as high as the captain’s bridge.

At the lower deck, there are lots to see from the captain’s cabin to the actually working conveyer system which moves the missle up to the flight deck, on which there are aircraft you can go in.

R0012003 (Medium)

R0012015 (Medium) (All staff are in navy uniform to put on an atmosphere aboard)


R0012023 (Medium)(This is the second highest deck open for tour, the air traffic control tower, above which you can walk on the captain’s bridge)

R0012039 (Medium)(This is a Soviet Mi-24 Hind, one of the aircraft on which you can go in the pilot’s seat)


R0012053 (Medium)

R0012055 (Medium)(Guided missles on the flight deck which you can touch and feel.  They are moved up to this deck by a coneyer system which is still working at the lower deck to show to the visitors)

I included a video (a comprehensive one apart from the man trying to be funny in his remarks) in case you are interested in the details.  The Minsk is accessible by taxi. so that you know:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.