Skip to main content

Selected Excellence: Morning Line

school0002

(Courtesy and copyright of LittleBlackBox.   Taken with GRD II )

This is LittleBlackBox's entry for the Ricoh Forum Photo Contest for September, with a theme on School, Learning and Teaching. I voted for this photo because of its interesting composition that tells of the theme poetically. The left-to-upper-right diagonal shadows are pleasing to the eyes and give the viewers a sense of peace or smoothness as all such diagonal lines will theoratically do so to a photo (since general viewers will view a photo from left to right). Then look at the pensive exression on the face of the little girl, which is saying something to be interpreted differently by the viewers. The silence of the photo is at last broken, or more aptly, compensated by the running kid of whom the action is realised, too, by the shadow. It is clear from the shadows that the kids are carrying school bags. This is a very well done photo, unmistakably the best of all entries in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.