Skip to main content

All Hands

R0010543(Custom)

(One of the fishball kiosks near Dundas Street, Hong Kong)

Roadside fishball kiosks are a unique common sight in Hong Kong and are ubiquitous in the more local neighbourhoods. The must-try food items topping the list are deep-fried or poached octopus tentacles that help build up heart attacks, stinky tofus (but yum in your mouth) that evoke pent-up vomits and deep-fried fishballs with sweet and sour sauce or chili sauce for sure. And believe it or not, these kiosks pay some of the dearest rents in the world for the tiny premises to make lots of money. On the same side of the road where this kiosk is on, there are a whole array of different roadside eateries that sells food ranging from the self-proclaimed Ireland's special snacks to fun stuff like the "relaxing biscuits" which allure unceasing queues of anxious customers all day long. A true food heaven it is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Low Prices

The window shopping some hours ago has almost provoked my AgIDS illness.  Just in case you’re in Hong Kong or are coming here, and have the money to burn (All in HK$/ body only): GX200 = $3,280 GRD2 = $3,380 LX3 = $3,180 G10 = $3,280 Prices are available form a gear shop on the 1st floor of the Mongkok Computer Centre.   Besides these new low prices, I found that Wing Shing Photo (55-57Sai Yeung Choi St., MK Tel: 2396 6886/ 91-95 Fa Yuen St., MK  Tel: 2396 6885) is offering a Sony A700 + Carl Zeiss Lens package for HK$9,980 (hopefully, a bargain will make it some hundreds cheaper).

Mini Review of GRD II by Colin Bradbury

Today, we are going to learn some useful insights from Colin Bradbury in his mini review of the GRD II. Colin is a professional photographer stationed in Hong Kong. Photos are copyrighted to him. (St Agnes, Cornwall. 'Environmental' portrait) By COLIN BRADBURY: Just back from 2 weeks in rural England with the family over Christmas. Since this was a family holiday and not a photography trip I wanted to travel light. On that basis I left my DSLRs at home and took the GRDII as my only camera to save weight but also to see how useful it would be as the only camera in a variety of photographic situations. I have to say I was very pleased with it and didn't miss having a zoom or longer lens at all. The 28mm is a perfect single focal length and proved itself useful in a variety of situations. Landscapes are clearly well suited to the 28mm but less obviously I have also found it to be great for portraits. With a 28mm you are forced to do 2 things. First, to get in closer ...

Respite

(Ricoh GRD4) Yahoo! I found the invoice for the GRD4 and sent it to the dealer for repairing the malfunctioning manual focus, which rendered the snap mode totally useless.  I hope it will be soon for the GRD4 to be up and about.